- Authentic: an original NOVICA fair trade product in association with National Geographic.
- Certified: comes with an official NOVICA Story Card certifying quality & authenticity.
- NOVICA works with Alfredo Falcon to craft this item.
- Exceptional Quality: crafted with care to be treasured as a keepsake for many years to come.
- Product info: 45% acrylic, 40% alpaca, and 15% wool
NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, works together with talented artisan designers around the world to produce stunning, keepsake treasures. Our mantra is to spread global happiness, so rest assured – we’ll do everything we possibly can to ensure you’re a happy customer.
About this item: Alfredo Falcón creates this ruana, a traditional Andean cloak, in snowy white. Smoothly knitted in an alpaca wool blend, the lightweight wrap is exceptionally warm. It opens down the front and drapes gracefully around the shoulders.
34.5″ L x 49.0″ W
- Dry clean only
- Textile softness: Soft — this item has been made with natural fibers that are soft to the touch
About our Artist: I was born in the capital of Peru on August 7, 1968. When I was but a small child I learned from my parents the best weaving techniques – like me, they had learned them from their own parents. This makes us a family entirely devoted to the world of textiles, and we have been for generations. Nowadays I combine weaving by hand and on classic machinery, remaining true to Inca and colonial motifs. I would like for the world to receive through my work high quality products, with modern colors and traditional motifs. I hope you enjoy them! I have been working with Novica for seven years. My workshop is located in the district of Huaycan, a place of refuge for many immigrants who fled central Peru during the times of terrorism. Before collaborating with Novica, I had a small workshop in an industrial park that the government gave me on credit, a place where small producers could work with dignity. It wasn’t properly roofed, and its production capacity was limited. I designed and made clothing. My market was limited to a few local shops, and to a single small foreign client who purchased my work from time to time. After joining Novica, my sales increased significantly, and my workshop began to undergo an enormous change….